I am empty with child,
A forgotten mother,
A sad barren soul
That aches to be woman
Again with a nest gone dry
Before it was time to wean.
Too young to be the crone,
But was barely a maiden.
Two eggs half stolen
By law or sickened rights,
I hold my womb tenderly
As it once carried fragile life.
Lana Del Rey probably tastes
Better than Pepsi cola,
Maybe more like cherry pie.
It’s just something that I wonder,
Because I hear her sing
In sexy sighs.
Slipping away slow,
Salty tears stain cheeks,
Slick streaks of sadness
Sting skin known to scar.
Silent sins speak sounds softly,
Sweet sighs might be whimpers,
Saying secrets so sinlessly.
Swords stab with silver slices,
Singing surrender with each swing.
Stripped bare, scared senseless,
Standing still against strong wind.
Sinuous sky rains smothered souls,
Searching for safety or for sorrows,
Suspicious or sadistic, and
Silk that smells like serpentine.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
1. Thank you varjakbaby for nominating me 😊🙌🏼!!! I have been nominated for a few different awards like this but I am very shy 😳 thank you all of you who read my words and support me
3. Writing has always been an easier way for me to express myself, to be true. My teen years were spent with aching hands scribbling in spiral notebooks and typing poetic diary entries on an old forum called opendiary. I later found tumblr and began my-words-drip-in-red, which I had grown and loved until a couple years ago when I decided that I needed a new start and a new home for my words. I started pouringtruth on WordPress about 3 years ago hoping to find another comfortable home for the words I choose to share with whoever stumbles upon them.
4. My advice to new bloggers of the writing community is to remember to write for you and stay true, but don’t be afraid to evolve and change in your writing just as we do in other aspects of life. Also, every voice matters, use yours wisely. I believe the writer to be an artist of words, artists have power to open eyes in creative ways, show people colors we cannot see, and to make people think deeper.
It’s a lock down, a prison cell,
Walls on all sides, closing in.
A straight jacket with a bottle of pills,
Lost in a maze of panic and terror…
It’s false free will,
Can you find your way out?
Who’s crazy now?
Last night I dreamt that I had died,
I laid in the grass and I closed my eyes.
The clouds hung over me,
A sad grey hug,
Then rain kissed my nose
As the wind stole my lungs.
What if I were to tell you that
My heart is just a black hole
That I never meant to suck you in,
Or for you to get aimlessly lost
Within its gravitational force?
I never meant for you to fall in
Or to absorb all your light.
I never meant to trap you here,
Inside the point of no return.