Easy it is to miss you,
Though tonight your bed is warm,
Tomorrow it will be cold, waiting,
Another week goes by till you return.
Now seven days feels like a year,
So it makes sense when you come home,
How my heart always aches with mourning,
Then it melts to how you’ve grown.
Kiss me one more time,
So that I can feel something
Better than this,
So I can feel your tongue
So I can taste the salt
Of your busy day
and know that after
You are still
I am empty with child,
A forgotten mother,
A sad barren soul
That aches to be woman
Again with a nest gone dry
Before it was time to wean.
Too young to be the crone,
But was barely a maiden.
Two eggs half stolen
By law or sickened rights,
I hold my womb tenderly
As it once carried fragile life.
Lana Del Rey probably tastes
Better than Pepsi cola,
Maybe more like cherry pie.
It’s just something that I wonder,
Because I hear her sing
In sexy sighs.
Slipping away slow,
Salty tears stain cheeks,
Slick streaks of sadness
Sting skin known to scar.
Silent sins speak sounds softly,
Sweet sighs might be whimpers,
Saying secrets so sinlessly.
Swords stab with silver slices,
Singing surrender with each swing.
Stripped bare, scared senseless,
Standing still against strong wind.
Sinuous sky rains smothered souls,
Searching for safety or for sorrows,
Suspicious or sadistic, and
Silk that smells like serpentine.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
1. Thank you varjakbaby for nominating me 😊🙌🏼!!! I have been nominated for a few different awards like this but I am very shy 😳 thank you all of you who read my words and support me
3. Writing has always been an easier way for me to express myself, to be true. My teen years were spent with aching hands scribbling in spiral notebooks and typing poetic diary entries on an old forum called opendiary. I later found tumblr and began my-words-drip-in-red, which I had grown and loved until a couple years ago when I decided that I needed a new start and a new home for my words. I started pouringtruth on WordPress about 3 years ago hoping to find another comfortable home for the words I choose to share with whoever stumbles upon them.
4. My advice to new bloggers of the writing community is to remember to write for you and stay true, but don’t be afraid to evolve and change in your writing just as we do in other aspects of life. Also, every voice matters, use yours wisely. I believe the writer to be an artist of words, artists have power to open eyes in creative ways, show people colors we cannot see, and to make people think deeper.
It’s a lock down, a prison cell,
Walls on all sides, closing in.
A straight jacket with a bottle of pills,
Lost in a maze of panic and terror…
It’s false free will,
Can you find your way out?
Who’s crazy now?