I am empty with child,
A forgotten mother,
A sad barren soul
That aches to be woman
Again with a nest gone dry
Before it was time to wean.
Too young to be the crone,
But was barely a maiden.
Two eggs half stolen
By law or sickened rights,
I hold my womb tenderly
As it once carried fragile life.
Lana Del Rey probably tastes
Better than Pepsi cola,
Maybe more like cherry pie.
It’s just something that I wonder,
Because I hear her sing
In sexy sighs.
Slipping away slow,
Salty tears stain cheeks,
Slick streaks of sadness
Sting skin known to scar.
Silent sins speak sounds softly,
Sweet sighs might be whimpers,
Saying secrets so sinlessly.
Swords stab with silver slices,
Singing surrender with each swing.
Stripped bare, scared senseless,
Standing still against strong wind.
Sinuous sky rains smothered souls,
Searching for safety or for sorrows,
Suspicious or sadistic, and
Silk that smells like serpentine.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
1. Thank you varjakbaby for nominating me 😊🙌🏼!!! I have been nominated for a few different awards like this but I am very shy 😳 thank you all of you who read my words and support me
3. Writing has always been an easier way for me to express myself, to be true. My teen years were spent with aching hands scribbling in spiral notebooks and typing poetic diary entries on an old forum called opendiary. I later found tumblr and began my-words-drip-in-red, which I had grown and loved until a couple years ago when I decided that I needed a new start and a new home for my words. I started pouringtruth on WordPress about 3 years ago hoping to find another comfortable home for the words I choose to share with whoever stumbles upon them.
4. My advice to new bloggers of the writing community is to remember to write for you and stay true, but don’t be afraid to evolve and change in your writing just as we do in other aspects of life. Also, every voice matters, use yours wisely. I believe the writer to be an artist of words, artists have power to open eyes in creative ways, show people colors we cannot see, and to make people think deeper.
It’s a lock down, a prison cell,
Walls on all sides, closing in.
A straight jacket with a bottle of pills,
Lost in a maze of panic and terror…
It’s false free will,
Can you find your way out?
Who’s crazy now?
Last night I dreamt that I had died,
I laid in the grass and I closed my eyes.
The clouds hung over me,
A sad grey hug,
Then rain kissed my nose
As the wind stole my lungs.
What if I were to tell you that
My heart is just a black hole
That I never meant to suck you in,
Or for you to get aimlessly lost
Within its gravitational force?
I never meant for you to fall in
Or to absorb all your light.
I never meant to trap you here,
Inside the point of no return.
Everything I do is fueled with passion.
As I write these very words
Passion is pumping its way through my veins,
Spilling out onto the bed,
Soaking its way into the sheets,
Staining them with its red.
Bringing to life
Bic flick with every toke,
Creeping up the glass,
Empty spaces fill with smoke.
I try to forget what fills my head,
All these thoughts, better off dead.
I’m sick of the way these ashes make puns,
Tired of the ways words get caught in my lungs.
All my dreams burn out so fast,
Another year gone, 4 quarters won’t last.
I’ve been running so fast for so long,
I just want to sit here, relax,
Hey, don’t get me wrong,
I’m not giving up, I just need to chill out,
Quiet these thoughts, take a hit,
I write secret songs
Lyrics longing to be learned.
I sing in a voice of silence,
Only wanting to be heard.
What is it about being seen
That makes me want to run
I feel tiny trapped within
This mouse of an appearance,
With a whale sized heart inside.
You started a fire
You forgot to put out,
Leaving me waiting
Flaming hot with desire.
Imagine a glimpse, a flicker
Of the flame you leave burning.
Like a candle,
Wax dripping hot beads…
My lust melts to sweat,
I pace around like my brain’s lost,
Trying to find it, just killing time,
But at what cost?
Without my mind, without any aim,
I’m just getting careless,
But am I to blame?
Feeling crazy, or just stupid,
Hazy now or going faint,
Is this just another dream in lucid?
A lost soul, a silent art
Only sentenced to asylum…
Why do I need a brain,
When I have a good heart?
I turn to stone when you touch me,
Still, it’s not my truth,
I just don’t want you to see
That I’m soft and mushy…
How I’m always so blue,
That the night competes with me
Even more than you do.
I’m sorry if I seem heartless,
The way I run to hide,
Because I promise I’m not
I just feel as though I’ve died.
Some say it’s cold hearted,
I say that’s another lie.
I just have the type of heart
That is safer kept inside.
Hiding within the darkness,
Lurking lovingly in the shadows,
Afraid to come into open light,
Shame cursed itself, sliced silhouettes.
Dimming now, spying through windows,
Each shade another split of me.
Overcasts squirm from narrowed eyes,
Once again finding home in blacked out,
Eclipsed, grey matter.
I crave you,
All my wants have turned
I burn with a flame
That is hot
Only for you,
Because only you
Have the power
To spread the fire
Lover wake me up
With your breath on my bare skin,
Warm hands under sheets.
I know you like to change colors,
But I know you at your core,
Please do not try to fake it with me,
Showing orange and reds
Beneath your yellows.
Yes, vibrant green is many things,
But I know it’s not true.
Am I alone here,
Left with abandoned thoughts
In a graveyard lined with beds
All named ‘slaughtered hope’?
The sky dims and my mind blackens,
Tonight will end just like the last,
Leaving me with questions
There’s a ghost in the mirror,
She sings songs with my face,
I have seen her before,
But we went separate ways.
The blues of her eyes
Still swallow me whole,
She’s dynamite explosion,
Too scared to let it show.
I want to be something
I’m afraid I’m not,
I’m too pretty to cry,
But too shy to be her.
I feel without words,
Saving them for some other time.
I feel stuck and unchanging,
Still I keep moving forward
Or just two steps back…
Some might name useless worries.
Face stained, I am voiceless
My eyes confess to you in tears
Silently, honest, telling you,
“I feel the sting in cold winds touch…
So please, do not tell me
You can hear the voices in wind
Whisper softly, saying ‘let go.’ “